March 31, 2010

This image was sent to me from Watermark announcing the Easter service this coming Sunday. Now, this is what I love about Watermark..its not about the easter bunny, or egg hunts, or candy. (who thought of that anyway, so confusing) It's not about pretending..ever.

Christ died for the destruction that we have created in the world around us and within ourselves. He rose again and in this we have Hope..hope that after an earthquake..literally and figuratively speaking, He WILL rebuild. I cant express how crazy it was when I opened this, because as I was journaling today and talking to God, I was expressing how much these past few months have felt like a big Tsunami in my life. I mean, the events have passed, but now I'm left with total destruction. "Where do I go from here?" I see destruction, brokeness, sorrow in my heart.. is there anything worth saving? Then He reminded me that he's in the business of rebuilding.

But it will never look the same I asked..I will NEVER be the same after this and this makes me angry. And then He told me "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old things have passed away; behold the new things have come." 2 Cor 5:17

There are many people that I've shared the events of the last few months, and a few that I know I've kept at arm's length. I have hope this will change soon. It's a season for restoration. Praise God.

No comments: