November 18, 2009

"Precious" (commentary after the movie)


Father, Out of all the SIN in the world, the sin that I hate the most is that against children.

Tonight, my heart just hurt so much for all of those precious children who have, are, and one day will be victims of this wretched abuse. Tears flowed down my face and my heart began to weigh on me as I walked to my car...I thought, if only I could take in all the pain for those children.

If only I could suffer for them, BUT be guaranteed that they would never, ever endure this type of suffering now or ever in their future. At that moment, I wanted to take it all in to never have a child experience this. It's not to say that this child would grow to be perfect..but at least have a choice and not be robbed of their innocence. It is a thief, it is darkness, it is hidden, and it is oh, so common.


Father, tonight, I called out to you through my tears and asked why? I know we live in a fallen world, but Lord it breaks my heart so much that I cant endure. How can you endure..allow this to happen? Father, I know I should never question, because I do not know anything. I am nothing compared to you. but when I get to heaven Father, I will ask you this. But for now, how can we break these generational cycles Lord?

Father, as I ask you these things, I am also able to see your goodness..your blessings over the hurt, the wronged, the lost.

You are Love beyond what we can ever imagine.

You are HOPE in a fallen world.

You are a Love so immense, so beautiful that we cannot compartmentalize.

It is the platform that we stand on.

I feel for the children who have secrets they will never tell and wounds that are hard to heal. I lift them up to you. You are the healer of ALL wounds. I pray that you use me Father to help at least one person find their Hope in you. Before I surrendered my life to you, I was in pain. I was in pain only for myself. Now, I am in pain for others. Its crazy how that happens.


No comments: